Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Why, A Centrist View........

So I am a Left-Leaning Centrist or I also call myself a Progressive Moderate.  I strive to keep an open mind and understand/consider the whole picture before drawing up my on conclusion/opinion.  To some liberals I am kind of conservative, which is true and to the conservatives I am too liberal, which is kind of true.  The truth is I am Left of Center but not a leftist.  My political history is somewhat complicated, but not difficult to follow.  

I started in the political world in high school through Civics and Social Studies and became a supporter of the Democratic Party.  Now I will tell you that I was still learning about the system, but during that time, that's where I felt my views stood.  I didn't identify as a Liberal or a Conservative and to be honest to you, Heck, I didn't know of them at all.  I was never introduced to it until my first college in 1991.  I then realized my belief system was fairly conservative.  Well at least on the economic side, but I felt on social issues I still felt good being an ally with the Democrats.  So, that I labeled myself to be a Conservative Democrat.  I voted democrat most of the time (yes, I did vote for some Republicans), but then by 1996 I noticed a small shift in the Conservatives and I started to understand the Liberals a bit more.

By 2000, the Conservative base shifted more to the right aligning with the Republican Party, but I remained where I am.  I then worked to learn more about the political spectrum and with the help of a great friend, who also is a Libritarian, I finally found where I stood.  I am a Centrist or a Moderate.  Some even say Independent, but I mostly see that as being part of the Independent Party.  Now I say it like that because not only did I accept bring a Centrist, I also decided to no longer align myself with a party.  I was never a fan of restriction anyway.  Also, not only was I a Centrist, but I was a Left-Leaning Centrist.  Here is the diagram or spectum I was shown after taking several test to find where I am:





Marinate on that, though. 

Feel free to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @acentristview.  You can also follow my blog at http://acentristview.blogspot.com/.   Now remember, it's "A" Centrist View not "The Centrist View.  I am not that arrogant.  I hope this helps in explaining this blog and myself.  If you have any questions please comment here or email me at acentristview@gmail.com

You can also follow me @ACentristView on:
 

That's all for now.  

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment