Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Changing of the Guard | A Centrist View

Congratulations to Theresa May is now the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.  She has won this post by default when her opponent, Andrea Leadsom had dropped out of the race.

The reason for Leadsom's withdrawal is most likely because of a comment she made that she is more equipped to be the UK's Prime Minister because she is a mother and May was not.  A pretty low blow from Leadsom and even folks in her own party wanted to leave the race and she did.  

Theresa May will be the second female PM in UK history after Margaret Thatcher.  She plans to proceed with the Brexit and move the UK onto a bright future.  

I honestly am not sure how this will impact the US, let alone the world.  I never understood Britain politics.   I guess we will have to just observe.  Well that is all I have on that for now.  I am sure I will give my opinions on her career in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment