Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thank You, Mr. President! Thank You.

As me and my wife sat.  Ignoring all the other tasks that stood before us.  We watched and listened as this man came forward after so many amazing speeches before him and resurrected the young senator from Illinois who spoke at the 2004 DNC convention in Boston, Mass.  

My wife was starting in tears and my heart started to get heavy as President Obama approached the podium and we became focused as he spoke.  I have felt pride in a president before with Clinton and believe it or not Reagan.   I even felt pretty good about Bushes as well.  Because I managed to see how good their hearts are despite the rough times they faced and decisions they tried that went bad.   I knew that all of them truly love this nation.   Oh Carter's my boy, too.  Still is, but I digress.  None matched the pride in how I felt and still feel about Barack Obama.  I'm not going to lie, as a black man I felt an extra sense of pride because, like black folks much older than I, I never felt that I would see a black man, let alone a minority, make it into the White House in my lifetime, but it did happen.   

Did I vote for him?  Yes.  Because I knew in my heart that he was the one.  Especially since McCain and Romney sorely disappointed me by trying so hard to be so, so conservative instead of focusing on the true objective, America.

Anyway, when Obama made it to the White House I started to look beyond the color and start observing him as I did every other president.  When he spoke about all he wanted to get done, I was like whoa, bruh!   I am not sure if you can accomplish all of that, but he would be damned if he didn't try.  

Obama was optimistic and determined, but he was realistic as well.  He knew the hard battle he was going to face in his future, but he fought on.  Now here he is after delivering the same type of amazing speech he brought 12 years ago.  Did he achieve everything?  No!  As he said, "There is still so much I want to do!", but we all knew how hard it was going to be, especially with the congress he was working with.   

So now we we moving on.  Approaching November 2016.  I will say my goodbyes later, but for now we all must remain focused and (I can't believe I am going to say this) do as Senator Ted Cruz suggested, "Vote Your Conscience".  Follow your instincts and your heart.   Do what you feel is right and GET OUT THERE & VOTE!!!!!

If you haven't seen President Obama's speech last night, I have it here below.  Also if you want to see or re-see the other speeches from the DNC Philly 2016 , go to the Democratic National Convention's YouTube Channel.   

Enjoy

#ACentristView


No comments:

Post a Comment